Aug 8, 2011

Entering the World of Photography

This post title and the title of the blog pretty much sum up what this blog will explore. I have been interested in photography for many years, but have never had the money to purchase a decent camera to begin my journey into the world of photography. I was finally able to make this purchase and this blog will explore the ups and downs of this experience.

On July 29, 2011 I walked into Murphy's Camera (which is a wonderful camera shop that I would recommend to anyone in need of a new camera, accessories, etc) with the intention of just doing a little research on cameras and to hopefully get a good idea of the camera that I would be purchasing sometime in the following weeks. I had no idea that I would be walking out the door with the camera and all the necessities to get me started on my new journey. The person I spoke with was so helpful and showed me different cameras, lenses, bags, and accessories. He discussed the pros and cons of each item and helped me to pick out everything I needed. While I ended up spending a little bit more than I would have online, it was worth the money to have someone so helpful talk me through the purchase.

Up until that day, my experience with cameras had been point and shoot digital cameras. These cameras have been hit and miss for me. I have had a couple that I loved and have had some that I did not care for at all (that is a story for another time!). Coming from a background of point and shoot cameras, it is difficult to grasp the concept of having a camera body, different lenses for different things, needing tripods, needing filters, etc. I definitely have a lot to learn!!

Follow me on this journey into a new world and allow me to share my experiences with you! I look forward to what is to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment