Aug 24, 2011

Signature

I decided to spend a little bit of time on the signature that is attached to my pictures.  After going back to look at the photos, I think that "Sandra Kendall Photography" is quite a bit of text to attach to a photo without drawing attention away from the focus of the picture.  Instead, I think I will use "SK" as my signature.  If/when I start an actual photography business, I think I will still call the business Sandra Kendall Photography, but will use the SK as a way to represent the business.  I think that the font on this is something I may change based on the types of pictures, my mood, or maybe even the season.. haha!  Here is a look at the Top 6 that I have worked with and what I think of them.  Feel free to put in your two cents in the comments at the bottom! I'd love to hear what you have to say.

FYI: I chose my favorite picture from the last weekend at the park to play with the signatures.  So, just a warning that you will have to look at my daughter's face 6 more times today.  :)

I like this one.  It's clear that it is an S & K and it gives an interesting look to the signature.  I like how the letters look like they are painted on.

 This one is a little more formal, but interesting.  I do not think this is one of my absolute favorites though.

 This is way too plain for me.  A signature should represent you as an artist and I just do not feel any connection to these letters.

 This is probably my 2nd favorite signature of the six listed here.  It's not too formal, but it has enough playfulness that I feel like it is a part of me.

 This is my least favorite.  You can barely tell that these are an S & K.  Nope.  *Shakes head* Nope!

This is definitely the one I think I will use the most.  The letters are a bit fancy and I just like the overall feel of the signature.  

Enough about the signature.  I am sure it's definitely not the most exciting topic to most of you. I just did not have any new pictures and felt like working on them for a bit.  If you don't like it... oh well.  I will return with more photos and new experiences in the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment