Aug 17, 2011

Park Photography

Avalynn (my munchkin) and I decided we wanted to go take a look at a park in Jeffersonville that we had never been to.  We are frequent visitors of the Sam Peden Community Park in New Albany but decided we needed a change in scenery.  I found a park called Perrin Family Park and I think it is our new favorite park.  It is not as big as Sam Peden Community Park, but it is much quieter and very beautiful.  Anyways... this is not a review of the parks so I will not turn it into that.  Onto the photography related stuff!

My goal with the pictures today was to get out of the preset modes completely and depend on my knowledge of photography (the little bit that I have) and go strictly into manual mode.  This is definitely a little tricky, but since I am not taking photos at a wedding it is not a huge issue if the pictures do not turn out.  You cannot replace wedding pictures, but you can definitely take the kiddo to the park again.

I will admit that I came home with about 80 pictures on the camera, but was only completely satisfied with the ones shown below.  I am happy to say that of the 80 pictures I took, very few were not focused correctly and I was able to get the focus on what I wanted in each picture.  That is definitely a mini victory for me!

 As you may notice I have begun to stick my "company" name on some of the pictures.  Photography is something that I am serious about doing, so I might as well start to advertise my work!

 This picture was edited to fade everything but Avalynn to black and white.  I'm really happy with the way that this turned out.




 The one thing that I have learned in the last several weeks is that you want to capture all the small moments as well.  I really like this picture because it is a little playful, but also captures what Avalynn was looking at while swinging.





I did not realize that the park would be set on a ton of small rocks, so she spent most of the afternoon digging the rocks out of her shoes.  I will definitely be sure to bring tennis shoes next time for her!


No comments:

Post a Comment