Aug 14, 2011

Wedding Photography

I've only had my camera a couple weeks and have already photographed two weddings (I know, crazy huh?).  A friend and I had reconnected on Facebook recently and I was excited to hear that she was coming into town to visit with family.  She had two family members that were getting married during the week she would be here and both needed a photographer.  She agreed to do the wedding pictures and asked if I was interested in tagging along.  Naturally I was a little hesitant since I had only had the camera a couple weeks, but realized that it would be a fun experience and some enjoyable time with a friend.

First, let me say that I never realized how much work it is to shoot pictures at a wedding.  Unless the wedding is outdoors, lighting is probably always going to be an issue.  By the time that the first wedding took place on August 6th, I had taken quite a bit of time to review my manual modes on the camera to try to understand how to use it outside of the preset modes.  If I am going to be serious about being a photographer, I definitely want to learn more than just the preset modes (and I'm pretty sure my husband would not be too happy if I spent this much on a camera only to use it as a point-and-shoot!).

Below you will find several pictures from Angela & Jorge's wedding on August 6th.  I was definitely nervous! At the rehearsal earlier that day I had taken several practice shots to figure out how the lighting would affect my pictures.  The church was fairly dim and I quickly learned how aperture, shutter speed, and ISO were going to affect the outcome of my pictures!

 For this shot I had to get up onto the stage, but try to keep from being noticed.  (I hate having too much attention drawn to myself unnecessarily.)  I like how a little minor editing brought the focus of this picture to the bride and her father.  

 The groom helping his bride up onto the stage at the front of the church.  I thought this was an adorable picture.  I did not think this one would turn out very well until I got home and pulled it up on the computer.

 This picture has some minor editing with a blurred effect added around the bride and groom.  Other than that, this picture has had no editing.  I love the look on both of their faces and the overall emotion of the picture.

 This was a close-up of the bride's flowers and dress taken during the ceremony.  



 The ring exchange.  You can see the happiness in both of their faces here.

 This is a shot with the bride and groom to the left and the groomsmen to the right.  A little minor editing has been done to bring the focus to the bride and groom.

 A similar shot with the bridesmaids.

 You may kiss the bride!


 The bridesmaid's flowers.  

 Outside of the church after the ceremony.  She was beautiful!




 I think that this will become one of my favorite types of pictures to take.  A black & white photo from the back with the entire wedding party in view.  I love putting a little color around the bride and groom to focus the picture towards them.

Smooch!

So, these are just some of the pictures I took at this wedding.  I had so much fun doing this, but was definitely worn out by the end of the night.  I think this experience is definitely something I enjoy and I was looking forward to the next wedding a few days later (which will be shown in the next post).  What do you think?  Decent pictures for a new photographer?

No comments:

Post a Comment