Aug 15, 2011

Wedding Photography - Part 2

Over this past weekend I was given the opportunity to take photos for another wedding.  This time I was a little less nervous because I had the experience of one wedding behind me.  It is always scary experiencing something for the first time.  The second time is still a little scary, but MUCH less than before.

This wedding was interesting because it was at the Culbertson Mansion.  If you are interested (or unfamiliar) with the mansion, you can read a little bit about it here Culbertson Mansion - Wikipedia.  It is considered haunted and definitely interesting!  

From a photographer standpoint, this wedding was a little difficult to shoot because of the lighting.  Most of the rooms were not brightly lit.  This provided a bit of a challenge, but definitely not something I could not work around.  I ended up taking several pictures with different settings to be sure that I got at least one of each important moment that turned out correctly.  I finished the evening with over 600 photos.  After returning home and reviewing the photos, I was able to delete about 200 that did not turn out how I wanted or could not be fixed with a little editing.  Not too bad!

This bride was a pleasure to work with.  She was very excited about the wedding and more than happy to pose for some pictures.  We spent about an hour before the wedding and an hour after the wedding taking photos.  I never realized how exhausting the whole process was until I got home and laid down.  It is definitely a lot of fun and something I hope to continue to do in the future.  

Below you will find some of my favorite pictures from Kayla and Justin's wedding:
 This was one of those moments that was not posed, but provided a beautiful picture.



 This is one of my absolute favorites from the wedding.  Not every picture should be with the faces of the bride and groom.  I believe that this picture easily captured the love these two feel for each other.

 The bride's bouquet is pretty much an essential picture.  This is a decision the bride makes before the wedding that will be in pretty much every picture that day.  It's amazing how such a small choice has such a huge impact on the day!


 Very cute picture.  Again, this was not posed but was a moment that was worth capturing.

 Taking a break on the steps.  The wedding ceremony was getting closer and walking around for pictures can be a little tiring!

 The same picture from above, but cropped and edited a little to give a completely different picture.


 It's not too often that you see the bride taking pictures!

 The bride being given to her husband by her father.

 You can see the love these two share.  









 Looking at the dress before the wedding.  The room was a bit dark and presented some trouble with the picture, but nothing a little minor editing couldn't fix.  I actually really like the way this picture turned out.




2 comments:

  1. I also had attended this wedding and reception as well. Once again they all look great. Good luck with your business, I am sure you will do well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attended Angie & Jorges wedding and reception. The pictures look GREAT and I didnt even notice you taking them. You did an AWESOME job. You must be a natural. :)

    ReplyDelete